Feel like you need a good detox ? In case you don’t feel like you have the time to make a detox smoothie, why not make detox water instead? Get a natural detox with this list of detox water recipes.
What is detox water ? Detox water is your regular drinking water infused with a few simple ingredients that helps flush the toxins from your body better. It’s one great way to be healthier.
I try to drink the recommended 8-10 glasses of water per day but sometimes it can be hard. Why, you ask? Because I’m not really a big water drinker. I would normally go for drinks that has flavor in it like sodas and juices. I know water is so much better for me. So to help me get my daily recommended water intake, I resort to flavored water or detox water. With detox water drinks, not only are you getting all the water that you need and a detox, but it also helps flush fat out of the body. If that’s not enough reason to start drinking detox water, I’m not sure what is.
1. Lemon Water
This is a super easy detox water that only needs two ingredients, your freshly squeezed lemon and water. Drink it every morning for best results! (Read: 26 Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water)
I don’t know what you are using for squeezing the lemons but I use similar to this lemon reamer I got at Ikea years ago. It’s cheap and there is nothing to break (mine is plastic too). It’s perfect for getting a little bit of fresh lemon juice out for a salad dressing, fish or lemon water. Easy to clean too – just rinse right away. This lemon juicer also looks good and might be better than mine because it catches the seeds. I can’t stand expensive complicated kitchen tools that are a product of smart marketing brains.
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup boiling water
In a glass, squeeze lemon juice with lemon reamer; discard seeds if necessary. This lemon juicer also looks good and might be better than mine because it catches the seeds. Add water, stir and drink while warm
To make water warm, I usually mix boiling water from the kettle (I hope you have one?!) and fridge filtered water. Another option is to turn off kettle before water reaches boiling. You just have to wait by the kettle and turn it off on time.
2. Belly Slimming Detox Water
A refreshing mix of cucumber, strawberry and basil. It will help you slim your belly in no time.
- 3 Basil leaves roughly chopped
- 1 strawberry sliced
- 3 - 5 slices of cucumber
- Combine all the ingredients in a large glass
- Let it sit for 5 minutes at least
Get the benefits of anti-oxidants and a healthy blood sugar while flushing the toxins from your body with this recipe.
- 2 organic apples
- 2 cinnamon sticks (food grade)
- ice if you want
- Cute the apples into large chunks. Be sure you leave the skin on.
- Fill a Mason jar with chunks of apple, add 1 cinnamon stick and fill with water.
- Let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Serve over ice if you want or drink as is.
To save money, be certain to buy the cinnamon sticks in bulk rather than in the tiny jars from the grocery store.
4. Skinny Detox Water
Kick start your metabolism with this easy to make detox recipe.
- Lemon ( Lemons are natural energizers plus it kick starts that metabolism )
- Lime ( natural energizers helps your metabolism )
- Grapefruit - ( natural energizers with a bit of sweetness)
- Cucumber ( Helps give the drink an extremely refreshing taste ( it is pretty addicting) )
- Fresh Mint ( Helps your breath and helps you tummy work better)
- In a glass – combine water and ice ( about ¾th of the glass)
- Add lemon, lime, grapefruit, cucumber and mint till the drink is full
- For my mason jar I used 2 full slices of lemon, 1 slice of grapefruit, 2 small slices of lime ,3 slices of cucumber and 6 mint leaves
- Stir and left sit for 5 minutes ( keep the ingredients in the drink while you enjoy it)
5. Chia Detox Water
Get your daily dose of fiber and calcium from this amazing detox drink.
- 1 - 12oz glass of water
- 1 Tablespoon Chia seeds
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon agave nectar
- Fill a glass jar with a lid with drinking water
- Add chia seeds to water. Place lid on the jar and shake well. Let set for 10 minutes
- Add juice from 1 lime and 1/4 teaspoon agave nectar. Shake again and drink
6. Flat Belly Raspberry Lemon Detox Water
Supercharge your body with the nutrients it needs by drinking this delicious flavor-infused water
- 2 cups organic raspberries
- 8 cups (64 ounces) spring or filtered water
- 1 large organic lemon—cut into ½- inch slices
- 2 dried Medjool dates (optional but adds nice sweetness to the water)
- 1 drop lemon essential oil-optional
- 1 gallon clean glass jar with lid (here’s a good option)
- Place raspberries into the bottom of your jar. Add the dates if using then layer the lemon slices on top. Pour water into jar and place lid on top.
- Place water into the refrigerator and let infuse for 1 hour. Remove the lemon slices and squeeze their juice into the infused raspberry lemon water. I like to remove the lemon slices after 1 hour so the water doesn’t get too bitter from the rinds.
- Add the lemon essential oil drop into the jar. Stir the water with a spoon, cover with a lid and put water back into the refrigerator overnight for the best flavor. You can leave the raspberries and dates in the infused water for up to 2 days before you need to strain them out of the water. You can eat or compost the raspberries and dates rather than just throwing them away. Most of the flavor will be extracted from the raspberries but you can still add them into a smoothie with the dates and other fruits and veggies. Enjoy!
I usually drink all or most of this water in one day so it never lasts me for 2 days!
7. Energy Boost Detox Water
If you’re trying to avoid coffee but still need a little boost of energy in the morning, this detox water recipe will get you through it.
- 2 Slices of Lemon
- Few Blackberries
- Few Blueberries
- 1 Strawberry sliced
- 2 slices of cucumber
- 2 slices of orange
- Combine all the ingredients in a large glass
- Let it sit for 5 minutes at least
8. Stress Reducer Detox Water
Have you ever wanted a drink that could help reduce all the stress from a tiring day? Now you can make one.
- 10 oz of cold water
- 1 strawberry sliced
- 2 mint leaves - diced
- 4 cucumber slices
- 2 slices of lime
- I use my mason jar - but a normal large glass will do
- Mix all the ingredients together in the glass
- I wait about 5 minutes before drinking - allows time for all the flavors to marry
This yummy lemon detox water recipe is also great for jump-starting your weight loss plan and helping to eliminate toxins.
- ½ Cup Coconut Water
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Pure Aloe Vera Juice Juice--NOT the gel!
- 1 Tsp Alkaline Water (Optional)
- 1 Tsp Liquid Stevia
- 1 Cup Filtered Water
Mix all ingredients together and stir well. Enjoy!
Flush out your kidney and liver of toxins and also get an immunity boost with this detox water recipe.
- 3 cups watermelon, organic, seeded, diced
- 7 strawberries, organic
- 1/2 lemon, peeled, juiced
- 1 cup purified water
Juice watermelon, strawberries and lemon. Pour into a large glass jar, pour water into jar. Top jar with lid, shake well, or stir. Serve over ice.
Omega Juicer, it’s really the best investment I’ve made when it comes to kitchen gadgets.
In this day and age when everything is filled with chemicals and toxins, it’s even more important to take good care of your body. Detoxification is the best way to cleanse your body and reestablish its balance from within. If you detox your body on a regular basis you can maintain your health, reduce risk of disease, boost your metabolism and immune system, optimize digestion and lose weight. These are all physical benefits, but with a body cleanse you will also get mental benefits like improving you capacity to focus, help relieve stress and get rid of fatigue. So let’s take a look at 11 snacks that you can munch on every day to help you detox your body.
A great snack, high in fiber and fat – don’t fret, it’s the good type of fat! It’s advisable to consume avocado as is, without any other ingredients. Also, your best option is to go for organic avocados. This fruit contains a bunch of antioxidants and glutathione, a nutrient that can block up to 30 carcinogens and detox your liver. Avocados will help you eat less added sugars, thus help you lose weight, lower your BMI and metabolic syndrome risk.
Blueberries are nature’s medicine in the form of small fruit. They are considered to be natural aspirin and have antiviral properties. These round tasty berries reduce inflammation and lessen pain. They’re natural antibiotics and help prevent infections in the urinary tract by blocking out bacteria.
This fruit is widely famous in diets because it helps the liver to burn fat. It’s a great snack that helps treat diabetes, strengthens the body fight against cancer and lowers cholesterol. Not to mention that it works wonders for people suffering from stomach ulcers and gum disease. Another benefit of grapefruit is that it helps prevent strokes and the apparition of metabolic syndrome.
Asparagus not only helps you detox your body, but it also helps you stay young. It also helps with liver drainage and reduces the risk of dying from breast cancer. It’s a tasty vegetable that helps with all forms of inflammations and it’s also known to maintain a healthy heart.
Pineapples are one of the tastiest snacks you can get your hands on. Not only do they taste amazing, but they also help with digestion and colon cleansing thanks to a digestive enzyme it contains. This enzyme called bromelain can also help balance blood coagulation, reduce inflammation and the growth of certain tumors.
6. Green smoothie
Green smoothies contain a variety of healthy, green, fresh vegetables. They are extremely helpful with digestion, bloating, allergies, constipation, indigestion, weight issues and obesity. Moreover, they can reestablish a person’s energy levels, improve brain function, alleviate headaches, chronic pain, insomnia and infections. (Read: Weight Loss with Green Smoothies)
Great snacks that contain phytochemicals like flavonoids, D-Glucarate and terpenoids. These are vital for when you detox your body. Phlorizin is one flavonoid that helps with bile stimulation, thus helping the liver eliminate toxins. Apples also support the body to get rid of additive and metals that we ingest from regular food consumption.
Almonds are tasty snacks, high in fiber and rich in protein that help remove bowel impurities and balance sugar levels in your blood. They’re filled with vitamins like calcium, magnesium and vitamin E. Not to mention they’re easy to consume anywhere, so you have no excuse for not eating a healthy snack at work.
Watermelon helps the body get alkalinized, while having diuretic effects. Consuming watermelon will make you use the loo a lot more often, but eliminating high amounts of urine means ridding your body of more toxins. Watermelon contains a high amount of citrulline, which removes ammonia from your body. It also contains arginine that regulates blood flow. Watermelon also helps reduce inflammation and prevents wrinkles because of its high levels of lycopene. (Read: 9 Best Summer Foods for Weight Loss)
10. Green tea
High in antioxidants, this tea is great with any diet and detox as it identifies and kills free radicals in your body. Green tea can be considered a snack in some ways because you can drink it instead of soda or pre-packaged juices. It also has diuretic effects and it can help lower blood sugar levels. (Read: Drinking Green Tea for Weight Loss)
11. Lemon water
Lemon water helps with acidity from foods and is great to drink first thing in the morning. It will improve digestion and detoxify the liver. Apart from flushing toxins out of your body, lemon water will help stabilize your body’s pH levels. (Read: 26 Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water)
See Also :
- 20 metabolism boosting foods